Monday, September 26, 2005

minot - chapter five
more tacos, more balloons, more video games

the next day, i had an appointment to get my hair cut by my sister.

on the way up to her salon, i passed my pal dave's parent's house:

sheesh. the number of CHiP's episodes that we watched in there during high school (and early college) was truly amazing.


the hair cut in progress...

this is always one of my favorite parts of my trips home (along with the eating, of course). keli is the best.

if you are ever in minot and in need of a new hair style, go see her.

being freshly groomed, it was then time for...

lunch. i believe it was Taco Tuesday, so it was pretty easy to decide where to go.

after eating, my mom and i took a trip to Dakota Square! (minot's biggest mall)

here, not only did i get a brand new pair of jeans ($29!!!), but i also ran into:

Larry's mom karen!

karen RULES. we talked about larry, larry's job, and the Norsk Høstfest.

larry, make sure that she comes to my Holiday Party this year, ok?

after a few lovely hours in the mall, i headed over to see if i could catch Dylan hard at work at Budget Music and Video.

sure enough, there he was:

we made plans to meet up later in the week. (let's just say that dylan gets his own chapter here. stay tuned for that...)

that evening, my family and i all went to the Oak Park theater to see the latest Star Wars movie. it was my fourth time (i know, i know!!) seeing it, but i still liked it.

my mom was telling me stories about when she took me to this same theater SOOO long ago to see the first Star Wars. we had to sit in this separate room for little kids up on the balcony. i totally remember that, too.

it was pretty funny.


of course, dairy queen follows seeing any movie.

i went with the oreo blizzard this time around.


the next day my sister needed help decorating her house for her husband's semi-surprise birthday party.

she bought enough balloons to fill up TWO huge vehicles. it was hilarious.

i think that the balloon people thought that she was insane .

i can't say that i blame them...

after balloon-time came lunchtime:

again.

i know, it's a sick obsession. i can't help myself....

the rest of the evening was spent playing video games with my brother.

man, that was pretty fun too. even though i'm not as good as i used to be...

old age comes for everybody. it's true.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dylan said...

Tony, the first movie I ever saw in a theater was Star Wars at Oak Park. That's awesome that you saw it there also!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet, i am jealous you saw my mom, eide, i am not sure about that white colored house, i was hoping for a pumpkin collage...
Larry

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the hell is growing up the side of my house? I pray to jihad god and allah that it's not a pumpkin plant. actually i do hope it's a pumpkin patch. painting pumpkings is like a hot spoon of heroin to my mom.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool.
and do i get a little man for my birthday? (you said to remind you...)
-kc

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home