Wednesday, September 08, 2004

worst commute ever vs. foosball night

holy crap. this morning's ride to work was awful. the two trains that i take into manhattan were both not running today due to "water on the tracks". ugh. the water came from the remains of hurricane frances, which was dumping the last of it's fury through my open windows, down onto my face this morning.

anyhoo, i had to get onto a different train, the 7, for my ride instead of taking my usuals. so did everyone else in brooklyn and queens. i waited as 4 trains overly-crammed full of people came into the station...maybe one person would get off, sometimes two lucky souls would sqeeze on...and it would leave. i finally was able to smash myself into the 5th train, right up against this sweaty older lady. she kept leaning on me the whole ride, slowly making me hate her. you could also feel everyone else start to go more and more insane and more and more sweaty until finally and mercifully, the doors slid open and we were free.

i got to my desk wishing that i had a stashed bottle of whiskey to help me settle my grumpy nerves.

instead, i would have to make due with these pictures that were waiting for me in my inbox.

so, let's all go back to that happier night in greenpoint filled with food and foos(ball)....

last sunday, min and adam invited me over for dinner. this is what she cooked up. it was sooo good. some salmon, mango chutney, potatoes, and corn. righteous. afterwards we decided to go play some foosball at this place really close to my house that i can never remember the name of.

this is the part where i have to give out some thanks. i used to be the most terrible foosballer in the world. then brian gunderson and vince sliwoski, the undisputed kings of the game, were nice enough to share some knowledge. these two are completely insanely good at this game. it was through them that i found the love of the foos and became a bit more skilled at it. amen.

here's adam and min looking concerned after i schooled them in the first game. the student becomes the master!

while we were playing, adam went to the jukebox and loaded it up with every song off of the Beatles "Revolver" album. it was great, except that about halfway through, the bartender intervened and began playing other songs. what a dick. in the end though, we were all in good spirits and we wandered off into the night satisfied.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can maybe kick your ass in foosball. *asslese*
p.s. min is looseing up nicely in front of the camera.
what a little unicorn.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, it is beautiful and sunny in Colorado. But yesterday I had a bad commute, 1 hour each way sitting in traffic in my car both ways. At least I had tunes and now they broadcast Air America here. But Randi Rhodes really really made me put my fingers at the ridge of my nose. *AP*

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful view from your studio, I've always wanted to live in one but all my friends insist that I need a roommate, for safety reasons, who knows...I think it's just because I am a girl and everyone thinks we're unable to handle ourselves.
Also, the picture of the Gap model, I know how you feel. The other day I turned on the TV and saw a boy I used to know on a soap opera, what a surprise! Isn't it crazy how people change and where they get to in life, hopefully one day I'll do something worth knowing about. But until then I'll stick to my quiet college self.
Last, wow the traffic must be horrible there! I don't see how y'all deal with it all. Personally I've never experienced that much because I live in Texas, having to find a bus or calling a cab and waiting would take way longer than just simply driving yourself, so I consider myself lucky to live here.
Well good luck with you cleaning and job.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home