Tuesday, February 15, 2005

my wet valentine

so, valentine's day ended up not being so bad after all. i went on a nate (a term that larry made up mean "non-date") with my good friend libby. awwww...


we ate at this place off of houston called thai thai and then had some drinks at the tile bar. it's actually called wcou radio, but everyone calls it the tile bar. go figure.


libby rules.

it rained the entire night, so we had a good backdrop for drinking.

being it was a monday night, i turned in sort of early. apparently not early enough for the stone cold retarded MTA (metropolitan transportation authority...the fools that run the subways and buses). i got to the L train at 11:50 and was greeted by a sign saying there would be no service starting at midnight. the thing was, they had already stopped the service, stranding everybody who was trying to get back to brooklyn.

that is the most annoying thing ever. i ended up splitting a cab back into williamsburg with three total strangers, two of whom were, ah.."variety performers". i was assailed by the lengthy descriptions of their acts the entire ride home. it's a good thing that i was too drunk to care.

once i got out of the cab, i still had about a 15 minute walk back my apartment.


in the rain.

oh well.

it was still a lovely evening.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time! I've been waiting to see my face on your website all day. Refresh, refresh, refresh. Ant, I know I told you this already, but you're the coolest guy I ever nated. (And not just because you're my only male friend) Honest. And it's totally a big deal that you forgave me for the photo incident. Oh, and I still have your Hangel. (homie angel) Remind me.
-L

5:47 PM  
Blogger anthony said...

libby: thanks for the lovely compliments. that's very kind of you. and wait, i do have one of your hangels....it's stands atop my stereo at home. did you make me two?

and

chris: i will work on reducing the moans...and i humbly accept your invite to the corporate card challenge! just let me know when you'll be in town. this is exciting news.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home