Thursday, February 10, 2005

thursday forever

hi.

so i took yesterday off to work in my studio. all day long. it was great. that is what i should be doing every day. hopefully sometime soon.

in the evening i went to the opening reception for this. my gallery from minneapolis (the weinstein gallery) is showing there. it was good to see all of the folks again.

photo shows are a bit exhausting though and it made me hungry. luckily martin, the gallery owner took me out for a crazy late night dinner at the famous carnegie deli. if you haven't ever been to this place, it's hard to understand the sheer size of the sandwiches that they serve. maybe this picture of what martin ordered will help:



seriously, this corned beef and turkey sandwich was probably 10 inches tall. it's hilarious.

i got an egg salad. at times like these though i really wish that i ate meat. it would have been waaay more fun to dig into that meat tower sandwich.

aww nuts.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dylan said...

Good lord! I thought only Shaggy & Scooby made sandwiches that big!

3:09 PM  
Blogger anthony said...

ha....good one dylan.

those things are TOTALLY like scooby sandwiches.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The unhumanly possible to take a bite sandwich is one of my pet pieves. I get angry just seeing big sandwiches. I once went to this hippy restraunt and got myself a club sandwich. Man i got pissed this thing was way to big to bite into and it had forty too many avacadoes on it. I wrapped those avacadoes in plastic wrap then through them in the thames. sucka hippies.
-david

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i ate at that deli once and micky dolens of the monkees was right behind me.. ha.. adn the sandwich was insanely huge..

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David:
That's "threw".

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home