Thursday, July 20, 2006

5 years worth of change

A couple of weeks ago, I finally took this sack of all of the change that I have collected for the last five years or so to the bank.

The bag wasn't very big, but goddamn, was it heavy.

I took it to a Commerce Bank (in Astoria, Queens!) since it's free to exchange your old coins into paper money there.

After loading all of it into the machine, it asks you to guess how much you think you have. Knowing that I had pretty much used all of the quarters for laundry over the years, I went with what I thought was a good guess of $63.78.

Mama, was I way off...

Those dimes really add up, eh?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks to me like drinks and foosball are on the cheap bastid this week!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear hear! All hail the magical power of the dime!

- zor

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home