Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A Very Greenpoint Fourth Of July
Here's a quick bunch of pictures from this year's celebration, guest starring my good friends Elliot and Aimee from Philadelphia (and Vincent too).

The day started by playing fribee in the park and running through the fountains.

After that, we watched Italy and Germany play in the World Cup. Pretty icy finish to that game, no?


Here's Aimee on a rooftop getting ready to watch fireworks.


Just before it got dark, the sky was super beautiful.


Unintentional (and reversed) red, white and blue!!
It looks like one of us can pretend to be sober more than the other two.

After having so-so views of the fireworks the last few years, I finally had success watching from my apartment:



Hooray!


Weeee!!

It was a fun night, and a great, LOOOOOOOOOOONG weekend. I was totally worn out by the end and couldn't wait to get to sleep.

But then...

Around 2am, I was roused from my sleep by some LOUD and ferocious fireworks. I layed there for about 5 minutes wondering when they were going to stop. I wasn't really bothered by them at all, but I just couldn't believe how long they kept going.

Finally, after about 10 minutes, I had to get up to see what was happening.

Here, presented in three parts, is what was happening on Franklin Street, directly below my window:



An entire city block of firecrackers!

It was so loud and never-ending.

Wow.

Afterwards, I was so jazzed by the spectacle that I couldn't get back to sleep.

U-S-A!!! U.S.A!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's July 12. This was from July 4. NOTHING exciting has happened in
between?

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home